2011 September Product Recalls – Along with the cantaloupe recall and lawn tractor recall September 2011 recalls are as plentiful as ever! Of course there are plenty of food and vehicle recalls and injuries also seem low this month compared to some previous months but one product did cause permanent blindness. Sadly one product also caused a few fatalities. Let us know if you had anything that needed recalling this month.
2011 September Product Recalls
September 2011 Food Recalls
Some of this months food recalls, many undeclared ingredients and food poisoning issues.
- Rocky Ford cantaloupe recall - Jensen farm in Granada, Colorado recalled the melons due to a listeriosis outbreak.
- Recall for Queso Fresco Casero Fresh Cheese – listeria as well
- Huipu Chinese Wolfberry recall - Strong America’s 5.28-ounce packages had undeclared sulfite +sulfite allergic reactions are possible.
- Fresh hot basil herb recall flt date: FLT DATE of 08/23/11 and 08/30/11 – Sourced from Sanith Ourn Farm in Indiantown, FL.
- Fine Mexican Food Products avocado recall - Fine Mexican Food Products, Inc recalled the avocados due to listeria. Fine Mexican Food Products avocado recall product code is 00115.
- SunRidge Farms All Natural Milk Chocolate Cranberries peanut recall – Recalled due to undeclared ingredients.
- Chocolate Decadence recall – from Eugene, Oregon they have undeclared milk
- SoyNilla recall undeclared milk – 7.7-ounce containers of SoyNilla protein powder.
- BUI Natural Tofu Shrimp Salad Roll and Vegetarian Salad Rolls recall - bui natural tofu recall UPC 8 95467 00203 8 and 8 95467 00204. Due to undeclared wheat and soy.
- Deer Raisin Golden New York New Jersey Connecticut recall – undeclared sulfites.
2011 september children’s product recalls
Kids items are important to keep up with!
- Weehoo iGo bicycle pedal trailer recall – Due to a faulty receiver, no injuries reported.
- American woodcrafters wood twin and loft bunk beds recall - guard rails can crack, no injuries reported.
September 2011 children’s clothing and toy recalls
- Pottery barn kids doll recall – no children was not injured.
- Twirlla wooden rattle recall – parts can break.
- Little Tikes recall – parts contain a choking hazard.
September 2011 pharmaceutical recalls
Here are some of the months drug recalls.
- Qualitest oral contraceptive recall – list of affected lot • Cyclafem™ 7/7/7, Cyclafem™ 1/35, Emoquette™, Gildess® FE 1.5/30, Gildess® FE 1/20, Orsythia™, Previfem ®, Tri-Previfem®. Oral contraceptive packaging defects that could leave women without adequate contraception.
- Slim Forte slimming capsules, slimming coffee and Meizitang Botanical Slimming soft gel recall – contains Sibutramine a controlled substance
September 2011 meat recalls
Always be careful with meat and if you have any in your freezer make sure to take it back.
- Cargill ground turkey recall – The Springdale, Arkansas farm recalled due to salmonella. Ground turkey recall number P-963.
- M & P Food dumplings undeclared milk recall - chicken, beef, veal and pork is affected.
- Palo Duro Meat 40,000 pounds frozen ground beef recall – Due to possible e. coli contamination.
- Tyson ground beef recall - Due to possible e. coli contamination. Tyson beef code EST 245D.
September 2011 electrical recalls
The usual lacerations and burning hazards!
- Chefmate 6-speed blender recall - Chefmate 6-speed blender recall seven lacerations reported.
- Gold star comfort-aire dehumidifier – 1 million property damage, no injuries reported.
- Camsing LED night lights recall – A free promotional item recalled due to a burn hazard.
+September 2011 vehicle recalls
Vehicles are always being recalled but you should have been informed by the dealer already.
- John Deere d100 lawn tractor recall – due to tractor brake failure.
- John Deere X300, X300R and X304 tractor recall – due to overheating and fire hazards.
- Kubota riding mower recall – possible fire hazard, no injuries.
- John Deere D100 lawn tractor – mower blade recall
- KTM North America off-road motorcycle recall – handlebar clamp problem, one consumer was hospitalized.
- 2011 BMW 335i and 328i recall – due to fault driveshaft bolts.
- Hyundai Santa Fe and Veracruz recall - airbag problems.
- Kia Sorento recall – airbag recall
- Subaru Outback and Legacy recall – problems with the moon roof, loose moonroof glass and a wiper recall.
- 2011 Volkswagen Jetta recall – possible burn hazard with the tailpipe.
- 2005 2006 SAAB 9-2X recall – Suspension control arm problems.
September 2011 consumer product recalls
Very sad, the worse injuries and even some deaths are in the consumer recalls this month.
- Embark resistance cords and cord kits recall - 447,000 Embark resistance cords and cord kits recalled due to permanent sight loss due to the ball hitting people in the eye.
- Pourable gel fuel recall - pourable gel fuel recall 37 burn injuries and two fatalities
September 2011 consumer product recalls
So did you have any injuries or have to return anything this month? Are there any recalls we missed or any information that needs updating or changed? Also if you missed out on last months recalls you can fine them here: 2011 August Product Recalls - 2011 September Product Recalls.