20 most bizarre baby names - You know the saying, what’s in a name? Does it matter if it’s unusual or not? Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were originally alleged to be naming their baby daughter “North” making her name “North West”. Some responded negatively, some positive and in the end it is the name they chose! Fairly unusual, but that’s the way with these types. With peers like “Blue Ivy” and “Apple”, it’s safe to say that baby “North” feel like she’s so different.
20 most bizarre baby names
Perhaps part of the reason the wealthy and famous can name their children such unusual names is because their future is somewhat guaranteed. “North” most likely won’t ever have to have job interviews without knowledge of the famous parents. She won’t feel uncool in school or worried what other kids think of her.
According to the guys at Freakonomics, a child’s name does influence their likelihood for performance at school at subsequent employment. Often times someone’s name is an indication of their parents’ race and social standing.
Some of the most unusual baby names are, of course, coined by people of celebrity status.
- Kal-El – Nicolas Cage
- Pilot Inspektor – Jason Lee
- Kyd – David Duchovny
- Sage Moonblood – Sylvester Stalone
- Jermajestry – Jermaine Jackson.
And that’s just 5…. Let’s see some more!
- Ocean – Forrest Whittaker
- Zowie – David Bowie
- Zahara – Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- Apple - Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin
- Moses - Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin
- Memphis Eve – Bono
- Fifi Trixibelle - Bob Geldof and Paula Yates
- Little Pixie - Bob Geldof and Paula Yates
- Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lil - Michael Hutchence / Paula Yates
- Kal-El – Nicolas Cage
- Moxie CrimeFighter - Penn Jillette
- Egypt – Alicia Keys
- Spec Wildhorse - John Cougar Mellencamp
- Poppy Honey - Jamie Oliver
- Daisy Boo - Jamie Oliver
- Rocket - Robert Rodriguez
- Racer - Robert Rodriguez
- Rebel - Robert Rodriguez
- Rogue - Robert Rodriguez
- Pearl Minnie - Maya Rudolph and Paul Thomas Anderson
- Moon Unit – Frank Zappa
- Diva Muffin- Frank Zappa
Oops, went well over 20 here and I doubt we even touched the surface!
And then of course there are people like Lori and Vardit Adler, who wanted a name no one else in Israel had and so they named their child “like” because of Facebook.
And of course the weird, hateful couple that named their children Aryan Nation and Adolf Hitler. Ugh.
Yes, there’s a lot to be said for unusual names. Sometimes they may work in a child’s favor, while other times they just make for a lot of awkward conversations.
Would you give your kid or have you given your kid a seemingly bizarre name?